The Operations Director position would suit a candidate who can demonstrate a deep understanding of the construction process on site, how construction projects are sequenced and typical durations for the construction elements involved, the interdependencies of all of the trades involved and how General Contractors and their trades deliver projects from start to finish.
As the Operations Director you will be responsible for you will be the day-to-day client contact for all team performance issues in providing a service to the client.
Support the team in their own projects / roles and career development via Personal Development Plans to help each team member grow and succeed in their roles as independent and successful team members and project managers.
You will also be responsible for the preparation of fee proposals for submission to the client, contracts for upcoming year of service ahead, finance and invoice tracking to ensure monthly invoicing is submitted and paid by the client.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Role and Responsibility:
- Manages and leads the Team on the account and ensures staff are delivering in their roles and providing an excellent service to the client and meeting project delivery needs. Understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures.
- Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group. Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts include company’s agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of projects and project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc).
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for financial performance of the account/program, and client accounts including budgeting, actual results, forecasting and reporting.
- Responsible for billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection, expense monitoring and control. Ensuring all team members are submitting corporate expenses and that these are billed to the client, in line with company requirements on a monthly basis once approved by the client.
- Responsible for hiring new staff members as and when required supported by the recruitment team.
- Interacts regularly with client(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved. Develops and implements action plans to correct variances.
- Work to quickly gain an understanding of the clients environment, business needs wider business and processes as a whole to allow you to then anticipate potential issues and respond to the client’s needs and concerns.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent experience in related area
- x10 + years Project and/or Programme management experience delivering office fit out projects in Ireland and Europe.
- Experience delivering Clean room projects would also be an advantage.
- Mechanical and Electrical Experience is an advantage
- Experience in an EMEA support capacity on a design and construction role.
- Experience working with global teams managing projects, overseeing, and directing the work of others in multiple locations in a fast-paced environment.
- Comprehend, analyse, and interpret the most complex business documents, lease and legal contracts.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment managing a high volume of correspondence and project meetings.
- Assess and understand problems quickly and make decisions quickly regarding next steps to navigate project issues.
- Ability to write reports and presentations in clear and concise language for presentation to leadership and/or the client.
- Make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Highly desirable senior commercial director level benefits package. (Provided Upon Application)