We know how hard it can be to get started putting together a new Corporate Receptionist Job Description. Hopefully the following is the spark you’ve been looking for to get you started.
Most businesses will have a Receptionist at front of house to meet and greet clients and customers to their offices. Within the office environment there are many job titles given to this role to include:
- Front of House Reception
- Corporate Receptionist
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Facilities Receptionist
- Hotel Receptionist
The Receptionist job role
From the moment you enter the building, it’s the receptionist who lets the outside world know who the company is. They’re the embodiment of how friendly and welcoming your company is. They exemplify how professional it is. And lastly they’re a window on what kind of environment the company operates in – harmonious, engaging and inviting or not, as the case may be! And we know which picture you’d like your organisation to paint.
The Receptionist is often in control of the public perception of your company. They will engage with both the internal and external customer. They’re expected to outline the internal processes that apply in a warm and friendly manner. The Receptionist understands that a patient and a calm disposition is paramount. That’s way they should understand that they could be asked to take on several tasks at any one time.
Receptionists are often responsible for several administrative and back office support tasks. Such tasks often include
- Answering phones,
- Preparing meeting and training rooms
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Making travel plans.
The receptionist often sets the scene for how the company is perceived and the quality of customer experience. Very often their opinion is asked for either on how to improve the experience for the visitor. This role can also be the “Kick-Start” for a position in either administration or a secretarial role in the future.
THE RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally greeting visitors in a positive, helpful manner.
- Instructing in the signing-in process, issuing parking passes, offering hospitality, and informing the appropriate person of their arrival
- Assist in maintaining the security of the building by issuing badges and collecting from visitors on their departure and maintaining the visitor logbook
- Answering telephone calls, ensuring all calls are either transferred to the relevant person or to their voicemail in the case they are not in the office or taking and passing on any messages in a prompt and efficient manner
- Messages recorded overnight to be transmitted to appropriate employee by email or voicemail as soon as possible the following morning
- Dealing with couriers and deliveries arriving to the building and directing accordingly
- Advising staff if there is a delay in courier service picking up items for delivery
- Handling in-coming and out-going mail
- Organising taxis and lunches and catering as and when required
- Managing meeting room bookings through the digital diary
- Informing staff of client meetings and available meeting rooms
- Suggesting changes in current processes and procedures to assist in efficient service delivery
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory
- Reception housekeeping daily ensuring the area is clean and tidy at all times and stocked with newspapers and periodicals and company literature
- A pleasant personality is essential as this is also a customer service role.
- Ability to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
- Assisting colleagues in completing any administrative tasks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a receptionist
- Switchboard experience Panasonic Digital, Fidelio, Meridian, PBX or similar
- Proficient with MS Office and Outlook – (ECDL course would be beneficial)
- Ability to offer a First-Class Customer Service experience (Recommendations/Awards from previous jobs would demonstrate to a future employer your level of excellence)
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships with both the internal and external client
- Organised and efficient
- Professional communication skills
- Excellent presentation
- Discreet and confidential
- Calm, composed and always smiling
To learn more about Hall Recruitment and to obtain full and up-todate information how we can help you find the candidates you need call us +353 (1) 633 4040. In the business of managing your recruitment, it’s the only number you’ll ever need!