If you’re here because you’re seeking inspiration and/or assistance in drafting a new HR manager job description you’re in the right place. We’re a recruitment firm with a reputation for offering human resource professionals quality human resource jobs. We’re also practiced at supplying some of Ireland’s top firms with access to some of the country’s top HR talent.
Human Resources Manager Role Outline
The role of the Human Resources Manager (HRM) is to oversee an organisation’s hiring process and act as the “go to” person for all employee related issues.
The role of the H.R. Manager is to enhance the organisation’s human resources by planning, implementing, evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices, contracts and employee handbooks. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for devising job descriptions and by updating job requirements for all positions
The main objective of the HRM is to ensure there is a skilled and competent workforce in place so as to ensure the smooth running of the organisation, keeping the aims, aspirations and targets of the company to the forefront. The HRM must ensure that the company employs the right team in terms of experience and skill sets while at the same time providing growth opportunities to employees seeking to develop a career path.
The HR Manager is an integral part of the management team. The HRM will act as the intermediary between the management team and the employees.
The role of the Human Resources Manager is quite influential. The HRM will have a seat at management meetings and will make up a part of the Management Team.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resource
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: H.R. Team
Liaising with: All Staff
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruitment (to include devising job descriptions with the Line Manager and deciding on where to advertise the role and if and when to work with an agency)
- Onboarding (which is an induction into the company, appointing a mentor who will help the new employee find their feet and understand and train them in the job they will be doing)
- Training and development (providing a career path) also known as an Employee Personal Development Plan (PDP) for those aspiring for progression
- Compensation and benefits (exploring the market to benchmark any package)
- Prepare budgets and targets for the H.R. operation
- Performance management (conducted with employees – monthly or quarterly or annually)
- Promoting Employer branding to foster a positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keep records of benefits plans and participation in such as insurance and pension plan, new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Setting and adhering to company values and mission
- Employee engagement (having an open-door policy where staff feel free to come in for a chat and where they can feel free to discuss any issues they might have)
- Advising management team on HR issues and changes to employment law
- Set out company hiring goals and objectives
- Plan and/or host workforce performance reviews and appraisals
- Advise and guide Team Leads and Managers on staff HR and performance issues
- Keep up to date with Employment Law regulations and any changes
- Ensure compliancy with rules and regulations
- Manage the company disciplinary procedures
- Design and implement company policies and procedures
- Develop and keep current the Employee Company Handbook
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ post graduate experience in similar role
- Ability to build and manage relationships at all levels of the business
- Experience with Human Resources metrics
- In-depth knowledge of employment law
- Knowledge of HR systems
- Excellent communications and leadership skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- People oriented and results driven
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE CAN BE
- Basic salary from €50 – €100k+ depending on the company
- Bonus (on achievement of company and or personal KPIs)
- Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Benefit scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Gym membership
- Company Share Scheme
- Car parking facilities
To learn more about Hall Recruitment and to obtain full and up-todate information how we can help you find the candidates you need call us +353 (1) 633 4040. In the business of managing your recruitment, it’s the only number you’ll ever need!