In this Full-Time Permanent office based position as a personal assistant to the medical director, you will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Director and department team. Your primary focus will be ensuring the smooth running of the out-patient clinics for the Director, Registrars, and other team members. The ideal candidate for this role should have a minimum of 5 years of senior medical secretarial/administration experience, dictaphone experience, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary to successfully manage the Director’s diary, deal with all communications, queries, and visitors to the Director’s office, and develop positive relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
Our client is respected private institution. They offer excellent employee assistance programs which is verified by an independant survey conducted with their staff. Due to the nature of their work this postion has been made available to assist the duties and expectations required of the Medical Director and is a new position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide full administrative and secretarial support to the Director and department team.
- Ensure the smooth running of out-patient clinics for the Director, Registrars, and other team members
- Record patient information, their appointments and lodging fees with the cashier daily.
- Manage the Director’s diary, including organizing meetings, prioritizing appointments and booking meeting rooms.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Director’s office.
- Handle all communications, queries, and visitors in a professional and efficient manner
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as the Chief Executive’s office, Management Team, Heads of Departments, Board Members, and external organizations, as required.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- At least 5 years of experience in senior medical secretarial/administrative role.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using health service CRM system is also desirable
- Ability to record minutes of meetings proficiently and draft complicated correspondence in email and letters
- Previous Dictaphone experience is an advantage
- Competence in working at a Board Level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate successfully and sensitively with patients, the public, staff, management, and external stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Prioritize workload
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Additional Leave
- Free on-site parking
- Staff discount
- Gym membership
- Employee assistance programme