As a medical secretary/personal assistant you will be expected to provide full administrative and secretarial support to the medical director and the department team. Your key responsibilities are to ensure the smooth and effective running of the out-patient clinics for the Director, Registrars and additional team members as instructed.
In order to successfully fulfil this role we are looking for an individual with previous medical secretarial/administrative experience, dictaphone experience and PC literacy.
Please note that this is a Full-Time Permanent office based position and requires fluent written and verbal English.
Benefits as a Medical Secretary/Personal Assistant:
- x26 days annual leave, plus statutory holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Staff discount on meals in the staff dining room
- On-site gym
- Optional pension
- An employee assistance programme, funding for training
- 10% Staff discount in hospital pharmacy
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide full administrative and secretarial support to the Director and department team. You may also be required to provide administrative and secretarial support to any other service within the organisation, as directed by the Administrative Coordinator.
- Ensure the smooth running of out-patient clinics for the Director, Registrars and additional team members, as directed. Recording patient information and appointments. Fees should be lodged with the cashier on a daily basis.
- Manage the Director’s diary in terms of organising meetings, prioritising diary appointments, booking meeting rooms, greeting external visitors on arrival.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Director’s office and will be required to deal appropriated, professionally and efficiently with all communications, queries and visitors to the Director’s office; this includes developing very good working relationships with the Chief Executive’s office, Management Team, Heads of Departments, Board Members and external organisations, as required.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who can offer the following:
- Senior Medical Secretarial/Administration experience minimum 5 years
- Previous experience working at Director level
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate proficient recording minutes of meeting and drafting complicated correspondence in email and letters
- Previous Dictaphone experience would be an advantage
- Competent at working at Board Level
- Advanced MS Office experience and previous experience using the health service CRM system would be desirable
- Experience using medical IT systems desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate successfully and sensitively with patients, the public, staff, management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, prioritise workload and work to deadlines.