As a maintenance electrician you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing the electrical systems and equipment for the building/facility. The successful candidate who joins the team in Letterkenny will play a crucial role to support the continued success of this leading facility management organisation.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing the electrical systems and equipment within the facility.
- Schedule Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) to the building’s electrical, mechanical and fabric systems to ensure they are operating properly and safely.
- Act as first response to building maintenance requests from clients and colleagues.
- Work with other building maintenance staff to coordinate repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems such as lighting, wiring, and electrical panels.
- Monitor and update building maintenance records through PPM and helpdesk system.
- Liaise with specialist contractors to ensure service excellence.
- Communicate work progress, possible delays and potential changes to the work completion date to the facility manager/supervisor.
- Ensure that the clients are kept informed about the progress to their work requests.
- Record all costs incurred as part of the provision of services.
You will need these skills and qualifications:
- Recognised electrical apprenticeship or equivalent
- Previous experience providing maintenance services in electrical, mechanical and fabric systems would be an advantage.
- Must have a strong multi services background.
- Be proactive to carry out preventative checks and routine inspections.
- Deductive reasoning skills to identify and isolate the root cause of a problem
- Manual dexterity
- Intuitive feel for machines
- IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to comfortably fluctuate between working independently and working as part of a team.
- Health cover
- Educational Assistance
- Promotional Prospects
- Sick Pay
- Additional Leave