The table below shows the latest information gathered from the Central Statistics Office and the International Monetary Fund regarding Irelands labour force latest statistics.
Table 1: Irish Labour Force Employment Statistics and Forecasts
|Unemployment Rate||% of total labour force||5.842||6.25||4.73||4.801||4.849|
|Population||Persons||Millions||4,993||5,039||5,085||5,132 est||5,179 est|
Ireland Employed Persons:
Key information about Ireland Employed Persons
- Ireland Employed Persons was reported at 2,554,300.000 Person in Sep 2022
- It recorded a decrease from the previous number of 2,554,600.000 Person for Jun 2022
- The data reached an all-time high of 2,554,600.000 Person in Jun 2022 and a record low of 1,550,400.000 Person in Mar 1998
Ireland Unemployment Rate:
Key information about Ireland Unemployment Rate
- Ireland Unemployment Rate dropped to 4.30% in Dec 2022, from the previously reported figure of 4.40% in Nov 2022.
- The average rate of unemployment in Ireland is 5.85%.
- The highest rate of unemployment in Ireland was 16.10% in Mar 2012 and the lowest recorded level of unemployment in Ireland was 3.90% in Apr 2001.
Key information about Ireland’s population
- Ireland’s population increased to 5,039 million people in 2021, compared with the previous reported figure of 4,993 million in 2020.
- Ireland’s population is forecasted to increase to 5,132 million in 2023.
Ireland Participation Rate:
Key information about Ireland Labour Force Participation Rate
- Ireland Labour Force Participation Rate dropped to 64.8 % in Sep 2022, compared with 65.2 % in the previous quarter.
- The data reached an all-time high of 67.3 % in Sep 2007 and a record low of 56.9 % in Jun 2020.
- The country’s Monthly Earnings stood at 3192.30 EUR in Sep 2022.
Ireland Monthly Earnings:
Key information about Ireland Monthly Earnings
- Ireland Monthly Earnings stood at 3192.30 EUR in Sep 2022, compared with the previous figure of 3,407 EUR in Jun 2022
- The highest monthly earning was recorded at 4,044 EUR in Jun 2008 and a record low of 2,827 EUR in Sep 2015
At Hall Recruitment we provide an intelligence focused and expert service in all aspects of personnel selection and recruitment. What’s more, we bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the work we do.
Our database of qualified candidates is consistantly monitored and updated to ensure we work with active candidates available for work.
Our duty of care ensures that we will update our clients on positions but also ensures that candidates we put forward for positions are given updates on their applications within a timely manner.