Welcome to Hall Recruitment, we’re the Facilities Management jobs specialists.
CALL US NOW: +353 (1) 633 4040
Facilities Management Job Description:
In the field of facility management there are quite a few tiers and the job titles vary too, depending on the client. If you’re hiring you’ll need to draft a Facilities Manager Job Description.
Here are the key points you’ll need to consider with respect to job titles. For example, you might encounter titles you’d expect such as Facility Manager or the same facilities job could also be expressed as Facility Engineer. Another employer might be found listing the same job as Site Lead or even Technical Services Lead.
Those are some of the titles commonly used to describe the most senior level roles. Immediately beneath those there is another layer. Here are some of the job titles you’re likely to encounter: Assistant Facilities Manager and Facilities Assistant and Assistant Contract Support.
Example of some more technical job titles would be: Mechanical/HVAC Maintenance Technician or Facilities Technician.
Yes, it is an endless stream of job titles. So, let’s tighten up those descriptions better for you?
Facility Manager role:
Under normal circumstances this is the most senior on site role and will usually have a team reporting to them. The Facility Manager (FM) will be responsible for the hard and soft services of the site. It is customary for the FM to be responsible for the operations, accounting, financials. They also bear responsibility for the maintenance, vendors, purchasing of materials and equipment and supplies for the site.
At all times the FM will work within the company guidelines, additionally they will provide the client’s internal and external customers with supportive, efficient, and professional services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage direct reports – this will be dependent on the size of the site and the value of the account
- Follow and be compliant with all EH&S regulations of internal and external customers and suppliers
- Develop business objectives, plans and budgets with your client in order to expand the spend by your client
- Analyse KPI data to identify issues, trends, and improvement opportunities (chance to up-sell your services and offering to your client)
- Benchmark performance data across similar contracts and industries – usually done in collaboration with your own boss and colleagues in a similar role
- Agreeing and documenting performance targets with relevant clients, contracts, divisions, and stakeholders.
- Ensure that there is a clearly defined procedure for rectifying processes or services that go outside a defined set of performance criteria
- Make certain of the timely delivery of KPI data and reports – always be up to date with reports for your client, do not be caught out, have the information to hand
- Ensure and implement a contract performance measurement system to monitor and improve business processes
- Assist in the identification of performance improvement opportunities – keep up to date with the latest trends in your industry
- Ensure that corrective action requests are raised and managed in line with procedures and monitor this constantly
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Total Facilities Management. Usually it is more than desirable that you come from the same industry/sector
- Challenge existing processes and introduce new approaches to improve quality and efficiency and actively be able to encourage and support creativity in the contract – shows your client that you’re ahead of the game
- Ability and proven experience of developing effective relationships with key stakeholders to establish trust, credibility, and respect – this is essential to the success of the contract
- Able to deploy process improvement tools and techniques to schedule, plan, track, and correct process performance
- Understand how to obtain and ensure quality results to achieve total customer satisfaction
- Salary €70k – €100k+ (again this is dependent on the size and value of the contract)
- 25 days holiday
- 20 days sick leave
- Free parking
- Contributory Pension
- Health Insurance
- Car or allowance
- Share options
- Educational assistance
To learn more about Hall Recruitment and to obtain full and up-todate information how we can help you find the candidates you need call us +353 (1) 633 4040. In the business of managing your recruitment, it’s the only number you’ll ever need!