We are currently looking for a temporary Finance Manager to manage the operation of a Finance Unit. It is likely to be for a couple of months at least.
Below are the requirements in terms of qualifications and experience and details of the role itself. The salary for this role is €47,552.
Qualifications and experience
The person must have:
- a recognised accounting qualification.
- a minimum of 1-2 years relevant post-qualification experience.
- experience in public sector finances.
- experience in people management.
This person will:
- Assist the Head of Operations with financial strategy and financial projections.
- Prepare annual budgets and monitor individual unit budgets on an on-going basis, ensuring proper financial controls are in place.
- Provide analysis and explanation of variances of key financial data for presentation to the relevant authorities.
- Prepare monthly and year end management accounts for approval and submission to the Comptroller and Auditor General.
- Oversee accounts receivable and payable functions and manage workload of other finance staff.
- Ensure proper cash flow management.
- Manage all income from fees.
- Manage the organisation’s payroll.
- Oversee payments to all stakeholders.
- Monitor procurement activity within the organisation to optimise quality and value for money while ensuring compliance with national and EU regulations.
- Prepare and update service level agreements as necessary.
- Ensure that the organisation is fully tax compliant (PSWT, VAT, PAYE, PRSI, PRD etc.).
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Oversee both internal and external audits including Comptroller & Auditor General audits and liaise with various stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensure finances are dealt with according to current legislation, policies and procedures and best practise corporate financial standards.
- Provide leadership, motivation and manage the performance of staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
If you are suitably qualified and experienced as outlined above and if you can commit to the next few months, then we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV to the following email address: