Our client is recruiting for a regulatory solicitor with healthcare law experience for their Dublin based practice. The successful candidate will possess 5 years PQE with strong experience in professional regulation and healthcare law, particularly in advising regulatory bodies and presenting applications to Committees of Inquiry.
This job requires strong advocacy skills, client management experience, and the ability to generate and maintain high-quality knowledge management resources within professional regulation and healthcare.
- Advising regulatory bodies and public bodies on regulatory matters, including the discharge of their statutory duties, and responding to Fitness to Practise complaints and Statutory Inquiries
- Presenting preliminary applications to Committees of Inquiry on behalf of regulatory bodies or public bodies
- Providing detailed advice on healthcare law and regulatory issues, and advising on healthcare claims and inquests
- Drafting and negotiating legal documents such as non-disclosure agreements, heads of terms, investment agreements, development and LLP agreements, articles of association, share option agreements, and other corporate documents.
- Managing client relationships with public sector clients, including healthcare regulatory bodies
- Maintaining knowledge management resources and precedents related to professional regulation and healthcare.
- Conducting risk assessments on files and notifying compliance of any risks to the firm
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in healthcare law and regulatory matters
- Supporting the training and development of other members of the team
- Participating in pro-bono work and promoting the core values of the firm
- A law degree from a recognized university
- A qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE in professional regulation and healthcare law
- Extensive experience in acting for regulatory bodies in the context of Fitness to Practise complaints and Statutory Inquiries
- Demonstrated experience in advising public bodies/professional regulators in respect of the discharge of their statutory duties.
- Experience in presenting preliminary applications to Committees of Inquiry
- Strong advocacy skills are an advantage.
- Experience in healthcare advisory work, drafting detailed advice in respect of healthcare law and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated client management experience with public sector clients.
- Proven ability to generate and maintain high-quality knowledge management resources/precedents within professional regulation/healthcare.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients and colleagues.
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- A solid understanding of regulatory frameworks, healthcare law, and related legal and compliance issues
- Experience in healthcare claims and inquests is desirable but not essential.
- A willingness to engage in pro bono work, as well as keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law and compliance procedures and policies.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension contribution
- Health and wellness program
- Life insurance
- Social and sports committee
- Group Healthcare scheme
- Hybrid working