As a temporary Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for the administrative tasks for this leading medical institution. The primary responsibilities of this job role is to ensure an efficient and prompt secretarial, telephone and administration service. Dictaphone typing skills would be advantageous
We are looking for candidates with previous medical secretary experience or comparable administrative experience for this role. Immediate interviews for qualified candidates.
We look forward to reading your application.
- Providing secretarial support to a Team of Consultants and their medical multi-disciplinary team and any other personnel, as required.
- Providing secretarial administration support to other medical teams/medical secretaries, as required.
- Screening telephone calls, recording accurate messages and forwarding to relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Providing relief cover on the Reception Desk / Main Switchboard on a rostered basis.
- Ensuring the smooth running of outpatient clinics (including scheduling appointments, invoicing and processing payments).
- Managing, composing and typing correspondence, reports, minutes, memoranda, including preparation of transcripts from recorded interviews.
- Preparing documentation, reports, notices and venues for meetings.
- Receiving all callers/visitors in a courteous, efficient and confidential manner.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail and taking responsibility for the outgoing mail on a daily basis
- Set up and maintain filing systems/databases, both in manual and electronic form
- Responsibility for accurate electronic recording of all attendance.
- Order and manage stationery stock control system
- Maintain accurate books of accounts to incorporate invoices
- Co-ordinate the maintenance/upkeep of all office equipment.
- To attend meetings and carry out other appropriate duties
- Medical experience essential
- Minimum 4/5 years medical secretarial/administration experience
- Ability to prepare and type clear and concise reports, correspondence
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, administrative and co-ordination skills.
- Resource management experience. Innovative approach.
- Ability to work both in a busy team environment and independently, proactively, confidently with initiative.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Audio/Dictaphone typing would be a distinct advantage
- Willing to undergo garda vetting essential.
- Weekly pay
- Sick Pay