As a Linux Systems Administrator you will work with the IT support team headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. This team is responsible for delivering technology support solutions to the employees, fellows, and volunteers of the organization. Your will advise on training and support as well as your core function for the role, to act as the first point of contact within the team, recording and reporting on all activities.
Role and Responsibility:
- Act as the first point of contact for the organizations internal team of employees, fellows, and volunteers in the provision of Tier 1 & 2 IT support, recording and reporting on all activities.
- Work with open-sourced software system Linux
- Preform as required:
- File restoration
- Disaster recovery
- New system builds
- Hardware maintenance
- User maintenance
- Filesystem housekeeping
- Application Installation and configuration
- System security management
- Storage management
- Creating user accounts and performing access control
- Set up staff with appropriate devices i.e., laptop, desktop, mobiles, etc.
- Upgrade, install and configure new hardware and software
- Using Libre Office: Provide support with IT queries, identify solutions to these problems in a timely manner. Prioritise and escalate if required.
- Use CiviCRM to track information on operational activities.
- Engage with your colleagues both in-person and remotely to fix their technical issues.
- Generate reports and summary of activities as required.
- Provide IT and digital security training to colleagues as requested by your manager.
- Create reference guides for colleagues on IT training and digital security.
- Monitor security on workstations, and other peripherals.
- Ensure staff adhere to the organizational IT Security Policy when setting them up at induction.
- Security audit all remote staff work devices at least twice a year during Dublin weeks.
- Ensure the office connection to internet and back-end network infrastructure operates securely and reliably.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Third Level qualification in computer science, information technology, information science, telecommunications, or recognized ICT degree.
- X3 Yrs experience administering major operating systems Linux (most importantly Ubuntu)
- Intermediate experience of Ubuntu in a desktop environmentX2 Yrs experience administering other operating systems including: (desirable)
- Mac OS
- Strong troubleshooting skills with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving
- Familiarity with best practices with IT systems, networks, and related technologies
- X2+ Yrs experience with:Installation, Configuration, Support of PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones
- Previous knowledge of data backup and retrieval processes
- Proven ability of Mobile Device Management
- Clear understanding of anti-virus and threat management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to communicate IT solutions effectively and efficiently to non-technical audiences.
- Highly organized and self-motivated to work independently.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, we ask you to please submit the latest copy of your CV and write a brief introduction of yourself and what makes you the right candidate for this role.
All applications will be reviewed.
-Hall Recruitment Team
Please note that our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship. Candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland.
For more information on immigration stamps and the right to work please click here.
–Why Apply Through Hall Recruitment-
Hall Recruitment is an Irish owned business. We are a recruitment agency which respects the interests of our candidates and work to advance them ethically. We take the time to get to know our candidates, taking a sincere interest in them and their career. As employers ask us to paint a picture of our proposed candidates, by getting to know you we will ethically represent who you are and what you can do. With our extensive experience in the recruitment field, combined with the relationships we have built with our clients over the years we are committed to bring happy candidates and satisfied employers together.
To best represent you for this position we expect to receive truthful information and honest answers to our questions. In return you will receive our highest standards of ethical treatment as we champion you for this position as a linux systems administrator.
We recommend that you include your CV and cover letter with your application to give us a full representation of you. We have a constant influx of new positions, so remember if you are not successful for this position, you may be more suited to the next. The more we know about you the better we can represent you, to help you achieve your career goals.
Before you upload your CV, refer to our CV guide to ensure yours’ stands out from the crowd in the best way possible. Remember recruiters, employers and their HR teams receive thousands of applications each day. To ensure your success follow our simple steps and put your best foot forward