As a facility coordinator, you will liaise with the facility manager to oversee and manage the non-technical aspects of facility management, such as custodial services, security, and maintenance of common areas for an industrial complex. You will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the work of custodial staff, security personnel, and other soft services employees to ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and well-maintained.
The successful candidate will have previous experience with client management, CMMS and compliance with FMCG industry standards and regulations in order to be effective in the role. You will also manage budgets, contracts, and other administrative tasks as it relates to your role.
Your role and responsibilities:
As the facility coordinator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the soft services on-site. Your main duties include:
- Maintaining contractors’ legislative, regulatory accreditation and licensing for the facility
- Supervising and managing on-site contractors
- Ensuring all health, safety, and environmental requirements are met before work commences
- Managing works activities to ensure they are carried out within agreed timelines, while adhering to safe systems of work (RA, MS, SPA, and Permits)
- Developing and implementing effective operational and service strategies that prioritize business continuity for the client while also achieving cost savings
- Managing site documentation and records and ensuring they are kept in easily accessible systems
- Ensuring all Risk Assessments, Safe Plan of Actions, and Method Statements are in place and followed at the place of work
- Planning and executing statutory inspections within agreed timeframes
- Managing CMMS activities within the agreed timeframes and ensuring all relevant assets are identified with job plans
- Recommending improvements to achieve continuous improvement and best practices.
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in building services or contractor coordination
- Strong leadership and people management skills to develop teamwork
- A customer-focused and results-driven approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience in GMP cleaning, with a background in the food industry being a plus
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Visio.