As the commercial manager you will be responsible for developing strategies to help the company make successful business deals and grow its revenue and profit. You will achieve this by analysing industry trends and company reports, collaborating with colleagues, and negotiating deals with clients in order to win contracts.
The desired candidate should have strong accounting, numeracy, and analytical skills, proficiency in MS Excel, effective time management, multitasking abilities, and good communication skills.
Head of Business Development
Sales Team, Operational Team, Finance Team, Commercial Risk & Legal team.
Hybrid but requires visiting clients around Ireland.
- Developing commercial strategies: You will be responsible for developing winning commercial strategies aligned with the company’s objectives. This involves creating plans and approaches to achieve growth in revenue and profit targets.
- Pricing and tendering: You will create pricing models for medium to large total facilities management tenders and single service line tenders. You will also handle pricing for re-tender activities for current clients. This will include comprehensive cost modelling, assessing client bid data, and ensuring competitive pricing.
- Stakeholder engagement: You will collaborate with various stakeholders within the organisation, including the Business Development team, Sales Team, and Finance Director. You will work closely with these teams to develop pricing solutions and ensure high-quality bid submissions.
- Risk assessment and mitigation: You will assess and mitigate the commercial risks associated with contracts. You will conduct risk analysis, price sensitivity analysis, and competitor scenario modelling to make informed decisions and develop strategies to reduce risks.
- Financial analysis and modelling: As the commercial operations manager you will manipulate and evaluate data sets, perform cost analysis for facilities management and life cycle works, and create financial models to support tender submissions and decision-making processes.
- Client interaction and negotiations: As a client-facing role you will be involved in site visits, presentations, and negotiations. You will communicate with your clients to understand their requirements, address concerns, and negotiate contract terms.
- Ensuring compliance and standards: You will ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and current legislation. Keep pricing models, tools, and templates up to date and aligned with relevant standards and specifications.
- Team collaboration and resource management: You will work closely with other teams such as Sales, Operations, Finance, and Legal by collaborating to optimize resource allocation, manage the bid pipeline effectively, and ensure contractual risks are assessed and mitigated.
- Possess a strong understanding of accounting principles and proficiency working with numbers.
- A strong understanding of financial concepts and commercial principles necessary to develop pricing strategies, assess risks, and create commercially sound service delivery solutions.
- Analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Effective communication skills
- 2-3 Years previous bid and tendering experience
- Industry knowledge of facilities management
- Certifications or degrees in finance, business, or facility management highly advantageous.
- 25 days holidays
- Pension contribution
- Life cover
- Commission OTE (€100k)