Job Title HR Recruitment Specialist
Location: Dublin 2
Annual Leave: 29 days working days per annum pro-rata + public holidays.
Hours of Attendance: 37 hours (net of rest breaks) per week.
Reporting to: HR Manager
Tenure: 12 months contract
The HR department is responsible for providing staffing, development, compensation and employee relations. Within these core functions, HR conducts a wide variety of activities.
The HR Recruitment Specialist will be located in the HR Department and will be responsible for managing the end to end activities of the recruitment requirements. As HR Recruitment Specialist, you will be responsible for undertaking all hiring activities, from advertising open roles to interviewing candidates and closing new hire process.
The successful candidate will also provide administrative support to the overall work of the Human Resources Department. The HR Recruitment specialist role is team-based, and teamwork and cooperation with others are crucial.
- Co-ordinate the hiring process from end to end
- Collaborate with hiring managers
- Chair interview panels
- Evaluate Candidate details
- Administer appropriate company assessments
- Complete reference/background checks
- Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
- Monitoring and improvement of the recruitment process in line with best practice
Key responsibilities include:
The HR Recruitment Specialist will;
- Collaborate with hiring managers to set qualification criteria
- Establish assessment methods to test candidates on job-related skills
- Craft job information booklets and interview packs
- Develop Recruitment & Selection Guideline booklet for Managers
- Create and publish job ads
- Advertise/circulate job spec details internally and externally
- Screen resumes and job applications
- Shortlist applicant details with panel members
- Schedule interviews and interview candidates for a wide range of roles
- Ensure communications with candidates is prompt and professional at all stages of the recruitment process
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
- Provide recommendations on best practice recruitment process to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Keep the documentation of the recruitment process up to date
The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current requirements stated above and may be changed from time to time. The individual requires the flexibility to fulfil other responsibilities at a similar level across the HR Department.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of managing end to end recruitment process
- Demonstrated ability in evaluating candidate profiles
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to interview and negotiate
- A capacity to build position working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders; to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to network effectively
- A strong attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Well-developed IT skills
Experience and Personal Qualities required:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate;
- A Batchelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a business related discipline
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) accredited
- Minimum of 5+ years’ post graduate experience of working as an in-house recruiter
- Experience of Competency based interviewing and assessment
- Strong project management and organisation skills
- Experience of screening and evaluating candidates through various methods
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong team-player
- Successful track record as an Internal Recruitment in a similar environment
- Experience of developing internal HR guideline documents
- Knowledge/experience in the application of the Code of Practice for appointments to positions in the public service
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems