Our client, a global manufacturer, is looking for a well-qualified Procurement Specialist to partner with the Chief Procurement Officer to track saving initiatives (initially freight), prepare monthly presentations, supporting budget and forecast process and other ad hoc reporting duties as required.
Location: South Dublin
Salary: €70K - €85K + benefits
Main Job Role and Responsibilities
- Completion of root cause analysis for material variances in performance against budget and forecasts, supporting procurement directors/managers in establishing solutions for areas of concern.
- Lead the Procurement department corporate costs budget / forecasting.
- Support the Procurement budgeting / forecasting process for the Group
- Reporting of relevant cost information including supporting the development of commodity cost reporting from ERP systems and in the Group consolidation system.
- Tracking saving initiatives including preparation, reporting and presentation of these to senior management
- Ad hoc reporting tasks.
- Recognised Accounting qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (useful but not essential).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mobilise and organise resources
- Experience in the identification and involvement of key stake holders to meet key deliverables on time.
- Strong knowledge of accounting including Debits / credits provisions etc.
- Strong tax experience desirable.
- Strong competency (SAP, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and a drive to achieve high standards.
- Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Open, flexible and willing to undergo and lead change and process improvements.
- Strong business acumen.
- Team player and ability to achieve goals though cross functional working.
Job Ref HR1 - FB PC