Mechanical & Electrical Engineer, Permanent – Shannon, Co Clare
This is a very special role for a very special engineer! We are looking for a Multi Skilled Mechanical & Electrical Engineer for our client, a leading International Facilities Management Organisation.
You will be responsible for managing your own workload, which will include both planned maintenance programme and reactive work orders. Your prime objectives will be to ensure that robust management systems are in place to ensure a safe and robust environment for the client
Salary and package is subject to qualifications, details of which will be discussed at the time of application.
NOTE: You are required to participate in an on-call rota, and required to work in all weather conditions.
Main Job Role:
- Provide operational engineering support to clients and colleagues.
- Act as a focal point for escalation of engineering issues.
- Work with the Facilities Manager and supply chain to ensure effective site operation.
- Ensure that planned maintenance activities are carried out.
- Ensure the engineering services providers are compliant with H&S and statutory requirements.
- Promote engineering best practice
- Delegate management of the computerised PPM system including updating of asset information and plant performance records.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, preventive maintenance programs and all technical documentation.
- Supervise and organise all staff activities either directly or through effective delegation.
- Ensure compliance with H&S legislative and statutory requirements.
- Establish and maintain high quality health and safety arrangements.
- Carry out all works in an appropriately health and safety conscious manner.
- Maintain, test and implement disaster planning procedures to cover all emergencies.
- Lead critical systems practices.
- Manage the Incident and Root Cause investigations for the site.
- Develop a complete personal knowledge of the design intent, operational alternatives and contingency plans related to all building systems.
- Develop and deliver quarterly engineering reports for the building.
- Ensure Facilities Manager is kept informed on all matters relating to standards of overall facilities management.
- Contract Management of all specialist subcontractors
- Ensure optimisation and productivity of service
- Implement the agreed procurement policy for the M&E services of the property
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Multi Skilled Building Services Maintenance Contracting Environment.
- Two disciplines relating to electrical and mechanical qualifications and experience will be required – details on application
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs. (Word, excel and outlook)
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle.
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.