Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Technician
Our client, a leading provider of on-site facilities and engineering support, is looking for and
experienced mechanical engineer to provide a support service to the site as part of the
maintenance team. You will ensure that planned maintenance and repairs are carried out
to a consistently high standard.
In return there is an attractive package including a salary of up to €50K, and extensive
- To respond to emergency breakdowns across the site where an Engineering Technician (Mechanical) is required.
- Knowledge of the following systems: Steam boilers, Heating hot water boilers, Chilled Water, Purified water, pre-treatment systems, Reverse osmosis, Quality critical HVAC systems, Compressed Air, chillers, cooling towers, sanitary hot water, vacuum pumps, Crac units, refrigeration systems, sprinkler systems, waste systems, working knowledge of pumps and motor.
- To monitor and respond to QBMS and BMS alarms, DeltaV, working knowledge of Siemens systems an advantage.
- To repair equipment, machinery, plant etc. as quickly and safely as possible while adhering to all safety systems.
- To carry out work orders generated through the CMMS system (non-urgent work jobs required by others on site) to meet service level agreements. SAP knowledge required.
- To liaise as needed with Client to determine mechanical requirements and to repair or offer alternative solution, good fault finding skills.
- To assist with the ordering of supplies as needed for work and projects.
- To carry out routine planned, corrective and predictive maintenance tasks, understanding of vibration analysis, ultrasonic testing, and thermal imaging.
- Ensure documentation of maintenance activities is to cGMP standards where necessary.
- To be flexible and assist the IFM functional lead and lead technicians in any maintenance activities, available to work overtime on request, shift position.
- The technician will follow safe systems of work, knowledge and understanding of LOTO, taking reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of others. Eliminating or reducing risks where practicable by complying with site safety rules and instructions and reporting hazards to management for prompt action.
- Liaise with vendors, project teams on a daily basis, good interpersonal skills.
- Working in a team of up to 8 initially
- Contact with customer to ensure satisfactory communication and SLA delivery.
Required Experience, Qualifications and Skills: Pharmaceutical experience an advantage
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:Element Essential Desirable Work Experience · Formal mechanical (Fitter) apprenticeship (4-5years post apprenticeship). § ONC. Technical Experience · City and Guilds in Mechanical Engineering · Experience in GxP manufacturing equipment