Job Title Inspections Officer
Location: Dublin 2
Salary: €43K for 12 month fixed term
Annual Leave: 29 days, 10 public holidays
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Contract: 12 months
Our client - a leader in sustainable solutions - is looking for an experience Inspection Officer to assist with the overall management and co-ordination of inspections for grant schemes, across a number of domestic and non-domestic energy saving programmes.
You will select and schedule site inspections, following up on outcomes and reports and where necessary, advising on any remedial work. You will also co-ordinate and report on any high risk/ dangerous issues and QA/Inspection requirement, and provide technical support and advice to support potential appeals procedures.
- Generate inspection selections, based on company-approved parameters
- Maintain a risk register and develop tools & techniques to mitigate risk and where appropriate, support more efficient delivery
- Manage out-sourced companies to ensure inspections are scheduled, completed and reported within agreed SLA’s
- Follow up on any action items by out-sourced companies and close-off as required.
- Report outcomes of inspections back to appropriate Department Heads.
- Outlining areas of concern, identify potential improvements
- Provide analysis on inspections and key action items.
- Administer the inspections database and develop offline inspections databases for pilot programmes
- Review programme application guidelines
- Review pilot programme scope definition in advance of inspection
- Perform desktop audits, including final certification documentation
- Assist in the administration and development of the Programme Quality Assurance and Disciplinary Procedure (QADP) reports.
- Administer the appeals procedure, providing technical advice and support as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date and relevant QA and inspection process manual
- Manage the contracts of outsourced companies.
- Effect site visits and compliance audits on conflict of interest and segregation of duties policies
- 3rd level qualification i.e. Degree and/or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Science;
- A strong knowledge of Ireland’s building technologies industry, buildings and services, spatial planning or another relevant sector
- Minimum five years’ experience of working in these areas or equivalent
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong proactive approach to achieving results, managing scope, time, risk assessment, cost and quality.
- Strong project management and organisation skills and knowledge of business process management.
- Technically adept, logical, analytical and numerically astute.
- Well-developed IT skills (Excel, CRM, Powerpoint etc.)
- Competence in BER Assessments and non-domestic works (energy upgrade works) VERY USEFUL
- Full driving licence.