Title HR Business Partner
Location Dublin 18
Contract Terms Permanent
Salary €60k+ pa doe
Hours 8.30am to 5pm or9am to 5.30pm
Annual leave 21 days
Reporting to: Group HR Manager
- On-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership
- Wellness programmes
- Company pension
- Discounted/free food
- Bonus scheme
Our client, a leading multinational engineering services provider is seeking a HR Business Partner to join their growing Human Resources team. This is an exciting new role which entails travelling once a month to Europe.
This role will suit a strong HR Generalist who enjoys to travel and wants to add another string to their bow and gain exposure and experience in Europe.
The HR Business Partner will focus on aligning HR activities with the business by providing a comprehensive, professional and efficient service, offering strategic and operational support, advice and information to the senior managers of a Business Unit.
The HR Business Partner will support an overall co-ordinated companywide approach to the development, management, and implementation of HR activities.
The HR Business Partner position is responsible for aligning business objective with employees and management in designated business units.
- Solely responsible for management of Business Unit (BU) HR requirements.
- Build and sustain effective and dynamic relationships between the Human Resources and Business Units.
- Attend each site once a month and carry out monthly meetings with project management teams
- Hold monthly pre-SBU meetings with HR management and business unit management.
- Contribute to the strategic, operational and human resource decision-making within the Business Unit.
- Convey HR management’s key messages to all employees by championing HR
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance.
- Generate insights and analysis from BUs and provide trends and metrics to HR management.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals within assigned BU/s.
- First point of contact for managers regarding issues related to the management of staff performance
- First point of contact for managers in assisting and advising on employee relations and employee welfare issues
- Clear communication channel between HR Business Partner, HR Management, HR Centres of Excellence and Business Unit Management.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase employee engagement, productivity and talent retention.
- Provide support to managers in terms of employment legislation and dispute resolution.
- Ensure data integrity and BU compliance with GDPR.
- Attend external meetings and hearings at the WRC and other third-party hearings, as appropriate.
- Work with managers on training plans; collate information on area training needs; liaise with HR Centre of Excellence; and attend staff development meetings, as required.
- Contribute and lead as appropriate on Group HR projects, as requested.
- Implement and maintain the highest professional standards for all human resource activities in accordance with the Company’s policy and good practice.
- Work alongside support functions and site personnel to ensure employees are provided with the correct level of relocation support.
- Perform such other duties of a related.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- 3rd level qualification in HRM / HRD or equivalent.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or equivalent experience and willingness to upgrade within the CIPD framework.
- Able to travel regularly.
- Additional European language/s desirable but not essential.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrates a facilitative leadership style able to broker internal and external relationships to ensure effective business solutions and resolve conflict where necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidential, discreet and diplomatic approach. Ability to work with confidential information at a very senior level.
- Strategic and problem-solving mindset, able to align business and HR strategy and communicate same.
- Respond positively to change and work effectively under pressure when dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Champion a high performance/high commitment work environment, able to motivate others.
- Able to take direction from the management team while also displaying good delegation skills.
- Team player, willingness to coach others.