Job Title Divisional Financial Accountant
Location Dublin 4
Industry Managed Services
Reporting to Divisional Financial Accounting Manager
Working hours Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm
Salary €40 – 45k pa
Benefits Pension, Health Insurance
Reporting to a central Divisional Financial Accounting Manager, but with a dotted line to the Divisional FD the role will take responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the Divisions Balance Sheet, reviewing and approving journals as appropriate and preparing month end & ad hoc balance sheet reports.
- Expert on accounting for WIP, having a full understanding of how transactions flow through MS Dynamics
- Understanding Anaplan subcontractor’s module, providing analysis and commentary
- Monthly Project Reviews ensuring full cost analysis reports for costs to date are presented
- Divisional financial reports in line with monthly company timetable including Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project accruals / prepayments
- Review and approve where appropriate all journals raised by F&CSMs during the month.
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested by central Financial Accounting Manager or Divisional Finance Director.
- Provide ad-hoc support and financial analysis as required.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Division
- Helping in the training of new F&CSMs & supporting the roll out of Finance Tool-Box talks
- Monthly update on all opportunities and risks that exist within the Business Unit balance sheets
- Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP, in line with GWS policy.
- Manage the integrity of data in GWS systems.
- Develop an understanding of how to best utilize GWS system-generated reporting capabilities.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems
- Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual balance sheet plans for the Division.
- Ensure company and statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
- Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and Balance Sheet Commentary
- Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
Skills & experience:
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong influencer with the ability to lead
- Excellent IT skills
- Results & task orientated
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent time management & attention to detail