Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Dublin 15
Contract Terms: 1-year fixed term contract
Salary: €55K - €60K per annum
Reporting to: Financial Controller
- Provide financial accounting expertise to produce a full set of company accounts on a monthly basis; Manage the financial and management accounting processes with the Financial Controller, produce analysis on company performance and highlight variances and corrective action that may be required.
- Ensure financial and regulatory compliance is a priority and that the necessary procedures and controls are in place cross functionally and that they are adhered to
Main Role and Responsibilities
- Produce the monthly financial and management accounts to strict deadlines. (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow, Margin Reports)
- Analyse company performance versus budget; explain & report on variances.
- Manage financial accounting controls and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage customer long term agreements (LTAs) and maintain accurate LTA accounts and backup reports.
- Manage the Principal marketing accounts & recharges. Ensure all transactions are processed promptly and account reconciliations performed monthly.
- Ensure inventory valuation is represented accurately in the accounts by working with the team members managing the inventory processes & systems interface
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Results driven, self- starter who will work on their own initiative. Be Proactive.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet tight deadlines
- An ability to manage change; identify and implement new processes & controls
- Excellent communication, team-work and influencing skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office & ERP system utilisation will be key for the role.
- In-depth knowledge and comprehensive understanding of accounting, accounting & audit controls, and business end to end processes.
- Knowledge of FMCG business would also be an advantage.