Job Title Electrical / Mechanical Technician – Permanent
Reporting to Planner / Lead Technician
Working hours 40 hours per week – shift pattern
Annual leave 20 days
Package Salary €45k doe
21 days Holidays and public holidays, Private Health, Benefit in Death
The technician is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with reliable maintenance of utility systems.
This person will contribute to the high-performance culture within the integrated facilities management function by providing a flexible, accurate service to enable the team to achieve key deliverables. They will be an active member of the integrated facilities management function providing support, guidance and expertise.
This position currently has a shift pattern that includes a late shift, call outs and weekends, but is not a 24/7 shift. You will work one weekend in eight.
- Required to comply with the MSD global policies, procedures, guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current good manufacturing practice in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Complete site training and keep up to date with the latest operational procedures.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture
Safety / EHS Responsibility:
- Attend toolbox talks
- Work with a culture of EHS excellence at facility and provide high-quality safety, health and welfare technical approach to assigned operations.
- Work with site permitting and compliance strategies.
Complete assigned IFM works:
- Complete assigned Project Management tasks
- Respond to emergency breakdowns across the (Chilled Water, WFI, HVAC Systems, Compressed Air, LV/MV distribution systems and Environmental Conditions)
- Monitor and respond to BMS alarms
- Repair equipment, machinery, plant
- Carry out planned and corrective work generated on CMMS (SAP)
- Be flexible and assist the IFM team in any role required by the business
- Supervision of specialist vendors, to ensure work is completed to required standard.
- Issue permits to work for third party contractors
- Trade Qualification (Electrical or Mechanical) Fetac Level 6 minimum
- 5 years craft experience within a regulated environment.