Manage all aspects of product supply for a nominated list of principals (Approx. 600 SKU’s) to ensure product availability is consistently above 99% and that stock levels are in line with agreed business targets.
· Work closely with Sales & Marketing to ensure that any promotions planned are included in volume forecast for nominated list of Principals
· Establish if there are new listings and include in volume forecast
· Produce volume sales forecast for six months by SKU highlighting promotional volume included and taking account of any cross-off’s during previous month
· Agree volume forecast with the National Account Managers
· Calculate orders and send to suppliers on a timely basis
· Manage all PO’s on system for nominated principals
· Volume differences vs PO’s to be signed off and passed to Accounts Payable for pricing confirmation.
· Manage shipment timing to ensure stock arrives to meet product availability target.
· Arrange collection / shipment if appropriate. Any collections from principals should be based on a tender carried out annually
· Provide the business with freight cost per case for each SKU ex works for use by business planning ensuring that that changes in cost due to pallet quantity changes are highlighted.
· Ensure appropriate relationship with principals is developed
· Measure actual vs forecast sales and report on variances putting corrective actions in place
· Review all major customer orders and manage any potential service issues with Account or Key Account Manager
· Measure supplier delivery performance, and report on same working with Commercial to resolve issues.
· Perform review of inventory levels for each principal monthly and ensure, where applicable, that they are maintained at the contractually agreed levels.
· Where there is no contractual stock level agreed stock levels
· Review Low Stock & Out of Stock Reports daily and action to avoid further cross offs providing information to stock controller on next ETA.
· Provide explanation for any potential Out of Stocks and ensure corrective action is taken when reviewing demand / ordering
· Review high stock levels monthly – discuss with Sales Team to ensure action plan is put in place to address.
· Review age profile each period to ensure any risks are highlighted and action plan put in place.
· Escalate any potential product supply issues identified
· Provide sick/holiday cover for other Demand Planner
· Agreed reports to be sent out accurately & on time to agreed schedule.
· Carry out project work as agreed with Line Manager
Credentials & Experience
· 3+ years relevant planning experience is essential, in the food or FMCG sector.
· Degree/Diploma in Business or Supply Chain discipline.
· Collaborative team player
· Candidate should possess strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving ability
· Very strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to effectively communicate and prioritise with senior leaders and key business contacts internally and externally
· Strong numeracy skills
· Excellent IT skills (Be able to demonstrate advanced Excel skills)
HR1 SS DP