Title Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Location Dublin 18
Contract Terms Permanent
Salary up €60k pa doe
Hours 8.30am to 5pm or 9am to 5.30pm
Annual leave 21 days
Reporting to: HR Manager
Benefits Pension, plus extensive benefits
Our client, a leading multinational engineering services provider is seeking a Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join their growing team.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the compensation and benefits structure is effective and aligns with the overall HR strategy.
Reporting to the Group HR Manager, you will apply your HR expertise and experience to ensure that compensation and benefits offerings are competitive in the marketplace.
And will also provide focused support and advice as needed in the field of compensation and benefits management to managers and HR staff.
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist’s primary responsibility is:
- Support and maintain the pay grade and job grade system ensuring that it aligns with business’ compensation and benefits strategy
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to explain the job grading structure as it pertains to existing staff and recruitment efforts
- Continually test the job structure against existing compensation and benefits offered and highlight outliers. Provide advice on how to best address anomalies.
Other duties include:
- Assessing current benefits, compensation and recognition of employees against benchmarked information.
- Educate, mentor and train HR staff on processes and best practices within compensation and benefits management.
- Research and make recommendations on changes needed to existing compensation and reward offerings as needed or as requested.
- Evaluating competitor compensation and benefits packages
- Create and/or edit compensation and benefits HR policies and procedures as needed to support the maintenance of a healthy compensation and benefits plan.
- Whenever a new position is created, research the typical salary and benefits for that role and advise the hiring manager and recruiter accordingly.
- Maintain and prepare (as needed) detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels and families, in partnership with other managers.
- Analyse compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to ensure a competitive compensation plan.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance or Law.
- Previous HR experience involving establishment of a job grading system in collaboration with others
- Requires highly commercial thinking and the proven ability and experience of aligning reward policy with business objectives.
- Excellent project management skills, presentation skills, a high degree of analytical skills and experience with Excel including pivot tables would be highly recommended.
- Excellent communication and change management skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up is required for this role
- A proven team player and leader.
- Ability to work well with people and has a broad understanding of business and HR processes
- Able to build strong alliances through high impact influencing skills
- Creative thinker with a continuous improvement mind-set