Supply Chain Leader, Permanent – Co Wicklow
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the provision and management of an effective order fulfilment, supply chain and logistics service in the Forestry sector.
There is a very attractive salary and exceptional benefits package on offer, with a starting salary of €66K, depending on experience.
Main Job Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the supply chain team to support the sales teams.
- Provide leadership to develop effective and efficient supply chain processes.
- Create supply chain strategies with the operations team.
- Manage the optimum route to market for products.
- Manage and monitor production schedules/ stock levels..
- Actively drive down stock levels to release working capital.
- Deliver a centralised despatch system for haulage and manage depots.
- Analyse performance and cost data of haulage and logistics providers
- Plan service improvements and cost reduction strategies.
- Simplify business processes to reduce complexity.
- Develop a strong, vibrant and competitive contractor base.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant qualification in Business, Economics or a Forestry related discipline with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a customer facing environment, particularly in B2B markets and with commodity products.
- Experience in managing all financials to maintain profitability and value.
- Experience of managing supply chain and logistics and associated technologies to drive efficiencies
- Excellent communication skills, able to negotiate in a demanding environment
Job Ref HR1 – FB FOR